- 8 (4-6 ounce) spicy Chorizo Sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1/2 cup cooked Spanish rice
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 smoked poblano pepper
- 1/2 bunch red leaf or frislee lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey and Jack Cheese
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 2 cups fresh guacamole
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat grill and lightly oil grate.
- Place whole orange and red bell peppers on the grill. Cook, occasionally turning, until evenly charred. Place into a paper bag and allow to cool. Place sausages on the grill. Brown on all sides, then move over to indirect heat and allow them to cook through for about 10 minutes.
- Heat red beans in a small saucepan on side burner until heated through. Remove from heat and drain off liquid. When peppers are cool enough to touch, peel off skin, remove seeds and stem, and chop. Remove seeds from poblano pepper and chop, then transfer peppers and beans to a medium bowl, and stir in Pico de Gallo. Set aside.
- When sausages are done, batonette cut, and stir into the pepper mixture. Place tortillas on the grill to warm, about 20 seconds. Spoon the sausage filling onto each tortilla, add 2 tbsp cooked rice, add the desired amount of cheese and sprinkle lettuce on top. Layer with sour cream and guacamole as to taste.
- Return to grill and mark each side for about 30 seconds and remove from grill. Serve with extra Pico de Gallo on the side.
Hi! My name is Nathan and I’m a passionate meat-lover and certified grill connoisseur. I fell in love with grilling food back when I was a little kid when my grandfather used to cook tasty burgers in our backyard every Saturdays.